For you to become a Professional Banker, you must have registered with the Institute, sit for and pass prescribed examinations. This will qualify you to be elected as an Associate Member provided you have at least two years banking experience or related experience and have been a member of the Institute for the same period. Undergraduates can register as an Ordinary Members and prepare towards sitting for Certificate in Banking Examination. Graduates can register as Student Members and prepare towards sitting for Professional in Banking Examination.Question 2: How do I Contact the Institute?
The Institute is located at PC 19, Adeola Hopewell Street , Victoria Island , Lagos-Nigeria. Telephone – 234= 01= 4617924, 2703494, 4611842 , Call center : 070034252426 Email - firstname.lastname@example.orgQuestion 3: How do I register as a Member Online?
Click here to start your registration process. New Applicants will have to choose a username and password and fill in a valid email address. Select the membership category that pertains to you (wait for the detailed breakdown of payment) then proceed to make payment. You can continue your registration process later if you can’t complete it at that point in time. Registered Applicants You can login using your username and password that you created earlier to continue your membership registration. Please note that you must upload a .JPG passport photograph and scanned copy of your Certificate (University/Polytechnic) before your application can be approved.Question 4: What is the registration requirement?
A minimum of a first degree in any discipline, BSc. /HND or any approved professional qualifications for Professional (Student Members). School Certificate W.A.C.E, OND, Undergraduates for Certificate in Banking (Ordinary Members)Question 5: Approval of Membership Registration?
Once your application has been reviewed and the relevant documents uploaded- .JPG passport photograph and scanned copy of your Certificate (University/Polytechnic) your membership number will be sent to the email address that you registered within three days.
Please Note: Based on your email setting such email may go to your spam mail and not your in-box so please do endeavour to check your spam mail and add the CIBN email address to your address book. Adding the CIBN email address to your address book will allow other emails sent from CIBN to go directly to your in-box.Question 6: Annual Subscription payment?
A yearly annual subscription payment is mandatory as Members in your various categories. Payment of this subscription gives you access to services available on the CIBN Website non-payment will restrict your use of the web-portal.Question 7: Making payments Online?
All services can be paid for online via the CIBN website either through Interswitch, Paystack, Remita or eWallet.
You should have either an Interswitch powered debit card or Verve card to make payments on the portal You should ensure that you have sufficient funds on your cards or in your account before attempting to pay Also ensure that you enter correct details when attempting to pay
You will be required at the payment gateway to fill in:
CARD NUMBER – LONG SET OF NUMBERS (EMBOSED ON MOST ATM CARDS)
CARD EXPIRATION DATE – MONTH/YEAR
PIN NUMBER – THE SAME PIN NUMBER YOU USE TO MAKE WITHDRAWAL FROM YOUR ATM (Please note you will use the computer mouse to click on the PIN numbers).
All payments are on a secured SSL server (VeriSign protected) International standard for online payments which is cleared indicated on the payment gateway.
1. CIBN Website currently does not accept VISA Cards for online payment (coming soon).
2. Some banks have restriction on Web payment on their ATM cards. Please clarify with your bank if your card is configured for web payment.
3. If you receive Exceeds Withdrawal Limit error while making payment, you are advised to visit your Bank to confirm if your card has been enabled for web transactions and request that this should be done.
4. In the event of a power outage or a network failure, please confirm if payment is successful through the Payment History under the Accounts Tab of your profile.
5. If your transaction status is pending, double click on the pending transaction - this will attempt to complete the transaction and if successful, it will display successful transaction.
1. The eWallet payment medium requires you to visit any of the Banks
2. Inform the Teller you want to make payment into CIBN eTranzact Payoutlet Account
3. The bank will charge an extra N200 as commission regardless of the amount you intend to pay
4. The Teller will issue you a receipt carrying your confirmation code.
5. Return to the CIBN website and login with your Member No.
6. Click on eWallet Upload and enter the Confirmation code/order (issued in 4 above).
7. Your eWallet will be credited immediately with the amount you paid in at the bank.
8. Congrats, you can now select eWallet option when making payment on the CIBN websiteQuestion 8: How do I register for the exams?
Login with your username and password and click the CIBN Examination link, select the diet of choice (year and month) and the subjects that you wish to sit for – Please take time to study the present exam time-table which will guide you in selecting courses that are to be written at the same time. Proceed to make payment. Once payment is successful, the transaction will indicate (TRANSACTION SUCCESSFUL) then you can print a copy of your EXAM SLIP.Question 9: How can I check my Result?
To check your result, please, click Result Checking, select the diet of choice (year and month) then click view result to view and print your results. For further information,Click hereQuestion 10: How can I locate CIBN Zonal Office?
Click the lick to view contact details of Zonal Offices http://www.cibng.org/cb_branches.aspQuestion 11: I did not see my examination result?
Send an e-mail to email@example.com for enquiriesQuestion 12: How can I pay my outstanding annual subscription to be able to check my exam result?
Step-by-step guide on how to make payment is available on the website at http://portal.cibng.org/cb_faq.asp. Click Help click e-Wallet Help for step-by-step guide on how to make paymentQuestion 13: How can I retrieve my password?
Go to http://portal.cibng.org/cb_mem_password, enter your member no and email address and click Send Now. You can now check your email for it.
We anticipate your requests.
Question 1: How do I become a Professional Banker?