The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria Canada Chapter recently held itís inaugural meeting in preparation of a formal launch. The association will continue to focus on the goals and objectives of the institute and will strive to share best practices in the banking industry with members of all the arms of the association.
CIBNCANADA is the Canadian branch of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria(CIBN). The CIBN is the umbrella professional body for bankers in Nigeria. It was started in 1963,incorporated in 1976 as the Nigerian Institute of Bankers and Chartered in 1990(now CIBN Act No. 5 of 2007).
- CIBNCANADA is the Canadian branch of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN). The Branch provides the opportunity for professional networking and coming together of Nigerians in the banking and related financial institutions in Canada and beyond.
- Through the institute, we strongly believe that we can effectively leverage on the uniquely strong Canadian financial system to be able to create opportunities for our members and others in areas of employment, professional development, knowledge transfer, quality manpower development, technology and is a catalyst to further enhance the growing relationship between Nigeria and Canada.
Registered Mailing Address:
- CIBN Canada†is the first offshore branch in North America of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria. Our members are spread all over Canada holding key positions in major financial institutions and related organizations across the country. We are indeed very proud of the professional achievements of our members and their positive contributions to the economy of Canada. The branch formally came into being in June 2013
- CIBN Canada aims to be the focal point of all development activities organised by Nigerian Financial Institutions in North America with the primary†purpose of ensuring knowledge transfer from the developed economies to the African continent in general and Nigeria in particular.
- The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria †Canada Chapter recently held itís inaugural meeting in preparation of a formal launch. The association will continue to focus on the goals and objectives of the institute and will strive to share best practices in the banking industry with members of all the arms of the association.
- Coordinated by core professionals having wide ranging banking experience both in Nigeria and Canada, the organization is working on establishing and partnering with key Canadian financial educational institutions, professional bodies and resource centers. This will enable the institute to offer/facilitate quality training and professional development programs in areas like human resources development, core banking, marketing, financial services, product development, funding, export development, emerging markets, credit rating, risk management and compliance issues amongst others to the benefit of our members both in Canada and the Nigerian Financial Industry. We will strive always at achieving global best practices in our activities.
- One of our major objectives is to serve as a reliable vehicle to help facilitate the creation of employment opportunities for our members and others.
3-3221 Derry Road West
PO Box 13534
Mississauga, ON L5N 8G5